Daniel Big Boy

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Reflection

It has been a pleasant pregnancy throughout. I go through the normal morning sickness, back ache, head ache, lethargy, emotional swings etc. However, I was really bless to have E by my side all the time providing both emotional and physical support. And most importantly a lot of assurance. By that time, E has already develop a relationship with God and it get more intense after attending the bible class and care group. His humility amazes me. E is a very sceptical, questioning and suspicious guy has now been touch by the spirit of GOD. We knew this is part of GOD’s plan. He plans to give us Daniel and raised and equipped him with the words of GOD.Em on the other hand was always excited and never fail to make me laugh. Sometimes she was torn too, torn between wanting to have a baby and the possibility of being neglected. We managed her anxiety by constantly talking and giving her assurance. But we all share the common joy. When Daniel makes his first intense kick both E and Em will surround my stomach waiting for the next kick. Excitement and joy overtook them. Daniel, if you ever read this, we want you to know that your sister love you very much. She is willing to share the love and undivided attention of her parents with you. Whenever we go shopping for your stuff she would choose all the clothing for you. At one time, she wanted to buy some socks imported from England for you and it cost $35/-. I thought that was too high a price to pay for socks which you cannot wear for long. She insisted and said that if I do not want to pay for it, its OK. She will save all the pocket money I gave her to buy you those beautiful socks.Finally, Daniel was born but prematurely.I was at the hospital two nights three nights after delivering Daniel. E rushed to and from the hospital many rounds ensuring that Em arrived school on time, food is prepared for me and pick up Em from school on time. At the same time attending office related issues. Thank GOD, our only office staff Hailey has been quite supportive and manages the marketing channel quite well in our absence.E took the trouble to bring food from home, radio with my favourite worship songs, even plate and saucer that I used to serve at home. Apparently, he wanted to make the hospital room as close to home as possible to ensure that I am comfortable. I was really touch.We have lots of visitors. my sister-in-law Ellisa being the first one followed by Auntie Laura. I could not moved and was still in severe pain. So E would take his PDA and snap photograph of Daniel so that we all can enjoy it. Nobody was allowed to go into the nursery except for E and myself. Baby Daniel was still in the incubator.Ps Elija came in the late evening. As she held my hand I couldn’t help it but burst into tears. I was so thankful that GOD had kept the baby and myself safe. Al and his wife Elle came at night. We shared with them the what happened and before Al prayed for you. Just before they left, I held on to Elle’s hand and there were moments of silent. We look at each other and nodded to one agreeing how good is GOD and knowing that HE will keep us save and bless us.By the second night, I could not sleep. Em was on my left and E on my right. Both of them were extremely tired. I could not sleep that night. Seeing my love one sleep in that kind of uncomfortable conditions, I was determined to check out from the hospital as soon as possible. The air conditioning was also too cold and they did not have any heavy blanket. That night, I cried all night long to the LORD praising HIM and thanking him for everything. Not tears of depression or sorrow but rather I was really touch by the love of GOD. God is so good. I cannot describe how I felt as my vocabulary was too limited. GOD knows the desire of my heart and I sense that GOD asked me to get up and walk to the nursery to see Baby Daniel as he need me. I began to make small movement to prepare my body to get up. I could not get up earlier as the pain was still very bad.The next morning, I took 2 hours to get up. First sitting up for an hour and with the help of the nurse and E I finally get and sit on a chair. I told E that I want to check out as I am not able to rest at the hospital. Actually I wanted to check out as I cannot bear seeing my family rushing and sleeping on chairs in a freezing temperature. Besides, there is no need to spend additional money on room rentals and other related services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home